Detailed summary for MDV1:
FIS2, GAG3, NET2
Peripheral protein of cytosolic face of mitochondrial outer membrane; required for mitochondrial fission; interacts with Fis1p and with the dynamin-related GTPase Dnm1p; contains WD repeats; MDV1 has a paralog, CAF4, that arose from the whole genome duplication
Upon the apoptotic stimuli of acetic acid and hydrogen peroxide, Fis1 inhibits Dnm1- and Mdv1- mediated mitochondrial fission and cell death, indicating a prosurvival function for Fis1 and a proapoptotic function for Dnm1 and Mdv1 during cell death
- caspase dependent
- cytochrome c release
- mitochondrial fragmentation
- Fannjiang, Y., et al. (2004) Mitochondrial fission proteins regulate programmed cell death in yeast, Genes Dev, 18, 2785-2797.
- Frohlich, K.U., Fussi, H. and Ruckenstuhl, C. (2007) Yeast apoptosis--from genes to pathways, Semin Cancer Biol, 17, 112-121.
- Carmona-Gutierrez, D., et al. (2010) Apoptosis in yeast: triggers, pathways, subroutines, Cell Death Differ, 17, 763-773.
- Bink, A., et al. (2010) A fungicidal piperazine-1-carboxamidine induces mitochondrial fission-dependent apoptosis in yeast, FEMS Yeast Res, 10, 812-818.