Detailed summary for BIR1:
Subunit of chromosomal passenger complex (CPC); CPC is comprised of Ipl1p-Sli15p-Bir1p-Nbl1p and regulates chromosome segregation; required for chromosome bi-orientation and for spindle assembly checkpoint activation upon reduced sister kinetochore tension; relative distribution to shortened microtubules increases upon DNA replication stress
XIAP (Inhibitor of apoptosis protein)
- biological process
- cellular component
- molecular function
- Li, F., et al. (2000) Cell division regulation by BIR1, a member of the inhibitor of apoptosis family in yeast, J Biol Chem, 275, 6707-6711.
- Walter, D., et al. (2006) The inhibitor-of-apoptosis protein Bir1p protects against apoptosis in S. cerevisiae and is a substrate for the yeast homologue of Omi/HtrA2, J Cell Sci, 119, 1843-1851.
- Frohlich, K.U., Fussi, H. and Ruckenstuhl, C. (2007) Yeast apoptosis--from genes to pathways, Semin Cancer Biol, 17, 112-121.
- Belanger, K.D., et al. (2009) Nuclear localisation is crucial for the proapoptotic activity of the HtrA-like serine protease Nma111p, J Cell Sci, 122, 3931-3941.
- Carmona-Gutierrez, D., et al. (2010) Apoptosis in yeast: triggers, pathways, subroutines, Cell Death Differ, 17, 763-773.