Detailed summary for PET9:
Major ADP/ATP carrier of the mitochondrial inner membrane; exchanges cytosolic ADP for mitochondrially synthesized ATP; also imports heme and ATP; phosphorylated; required for viability in many lab strains that carry a sal1 mutation; PET9 has a paralog, AAC3, that arose from the whole genome duplication; Also known as: OP1
- mitochondrial membrane permeabilization
- molecular function
- cellular component
- biological process
- Buttner, S., et al. (2007) Endonuclease G regulates budding yeast life and death, Mol Cell, 25, 233-246.
- Pereira, C., et al. (2007) ADP/ATP carrier is required for mitochondrial outer membrane permeabilization and cytochrome c release in yeast apoptosis, Mol Microbiol, 66, 571-582.
- Madeo, F., et al. (2009) Caspase-dependent and caspase-independent cell death pathways in yeast, Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 382, 227-231.
- Carmona-Gutierrez, D., et al. (2010) Apoptosis in yeast: triggers, pathways, subroutines, Cell Death Differ, 17, 763-773.