Detailed summary for NUC1:
Major mitochondrial nuclease, has RNAse and DNA endo- and exonucleolytic activities; has roles in mitochondrial recombination, apoptosis and maintenance of polyploidy
Kap123p, a protein involved in nuclear import, is required for Nuc1p-mediated death
- caspase independent
- histone modification
- mitochondrial membrane permeabilization
- molecular function
- cellular component
- biological process
- Buttner, S., et al. (2007) Endonuclease G regulates budding yeast life and death, Mol Cell, 25, 233-246.
- Rockenfeller, P. and Madeo, F. (2008) Apoptotic death of ageing yeast, Exp Gerontol, 43, 876-881.
- Madeo, F., et al. (2009) Caspase-dependent and caspase-independent cell death pathways in yeast, Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 382, 227-231.
- Carmona-Gutierrez, D., et al. (2010) Apoptosis in yeast: triggers, pathways, subroutines, Cell Death Differ, 17, 763-773.